Tuesday, August 5, 2008

2008 Vanity Fair Int. Best Dressed List


Ivanka Trump


Michelle Obama


Kanye West


Daniel Craig

The 69th Vanity Fair International Best Dressed List was released last week and here are some of the notables I found on the list. I was very surprised Michelle Obama made the list. Maybe its because I do not really look at her as a style icon or whatever, but I guess from the standards of the women of the political world, she has raised the bar. Daniel Craig is on the list and that is only natural as he is James Bond, who is one of the best dressed males in the movies. Ivanka Trump was a surprise to me as well, I always thought she was a great dresser, but it surprising that she is receiving great attention to it. Lastly, Kanye made the list and I think it is very deserving. Kanye really shows what it means to use clothes as a expression of your personality and mood. Kanye does this better than anyone and he is never afraid to try something different and stand out. One person that I thought may have made the list, but did not is Andre 3000, who, like Kanye, is know for his self-expression through his style choices. One thing I did notice on this list were the people that were chosen have an distinctive aura and personality that really enhances the clothes they where and actually brings their clothes to life. Their personality, demeanor and character works for the clothes and at the same time the clothes work for them. I think this is the key to true style. Is there anyone you think should have made the list?

69th Vanity Fair Best Dressed List

No comments: