Monday, August 25, 2008

Twitter: How will it make it?

Twitter to me is an interesting brand. It has been around for a couple of years, but its reaching its point where just being a cool technology is not enough. People are ready to make money off of it. I personally have not used Twitter, but know its story and use to an extent. From what I know, I think it is a cool thing, a fad, but serves no real purpose. Twitter is a brand, that is trying to find its way into the social networking phenomenon, but unlikeBlogger, Myspace and Facebook, it serves no real purpose of benefit right now, its just a cool thing to use for some. Until that changes I do not think Twitter will turn a profit, especially since popular sites such as Youtube have yet to turn a profit. The articles from Fortune explain what Twitter is and its struggles. I am going to start using Twitter to see what its true benefit and value is, I could be totally wrong about it.




What is Twitter? Article

Will Twitter make it ?

No comments: