Friday, August 1, 2008

FANNIE PAK!!!





I have recently become a fan of MTV's America's Best Dance Crew. I used to not like this show at all. Lil' Mama used to annoy me and I thought JC from 'Nsync was not a credible enough dancer to judge others on their dancing. However, this season, especially after the success and the popularity of last season's winners, The Jabbawockeez, I have paid more attention to the show. As I have been consistently watching the show this season, I have realized that these dancers are putting their heart into this art and how much work and perseverance these guys and girls put go through every week. I have definitely gained a new respect for this art.

From the beginning of the season, Fannie Pak, have been the underdogs and my favorite group. This group's style and persona is right out of the 80s and they received some hate for being a "gimmick". However, they stayed true to themselves and their style and each week have incorporated their unique style and creativity into their routines resulting,in my opinion, with the most consistent showing of all the groups in the competition. Last night, Fannie Pak, represented and gave one of the best performances the show ever had and got the first standing ovation from the judges in the show's history. The performances was truly creative, it stayed true to their style as well as full grasped the concept of Missy's "Get Your Freak On." I found the performance motivational and inspiring because this group has proved that they are not a "gimmick" despite all the hate and that they just might be America's Best Dance Crew. Goes to show that staying true to yourself can lead you on the road to greatness.

No comments: