Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Flyleaf




Flyleaf ---"I'm So Sick" Video



Flyleaf Interview ---The impact of their music

I have been listening to this song repeatedly and I think it's "sick" in a good way. The song makes me feel energized and inspired. When you listen to the words it really means something and is not just noise, which a lot of people may describe alternative rock as. This band is also very unique in that they are all Christians, but do not define themselves as a Christian band. To me they don't want to be identified by their beliefs, but just want people to know where they inspiration comes from and they make their music to touch people. I find this amazing because a lot of artists say they are led by God and their music shows a completely different direction. Flyleaf is an example of artists making music to make a real difference in people's lives and not just saying God because it is the right thing to do or it is what they think people want to here. This quote from an interview explains the bands philosophy and is why I like them so much.

'"This faith influences their music, but lead singer Lacey Mosley doesn't necessarily believe that makes Flyleaf a strictly Christian band. "We all share the same faith. And so when we deal with the whole 'Christian band thing,' we kind of think about something P.O.D. says, like, 'If you're a Christian, it affects everything in your life. So if you're a plumber, does that make you a Christian plumber?' " Mosley said. "I don't know the answer. We're a band, it's part of who we are, so it comes out in our music, and it's the fuel for what we do. And finding faith saved my life. So I'm not ashamed of it at all. And most of our album reflects that."'

Flyleaf Website

Flyleaf Myspace page

No comments: