Monday, October 6, 2008

Quote of the Day --- "Feelings"

"You cannot make yourself feel something you do not feel, but you can make yourself do right in spite of your feelings."
--Pearl Buck--

No, you cannot. I find it hard to make myself have feelings. I have been taught and have lived to have the minimal amount of feelings. Most people in the world do not care about your feelings or care how you react to certain situations. With that said, I find having feelings about certain things to be pointless and hindering. Well, being attached to feelings and having them control your actions is down right stupid in my opinion. As far as doing right in spite of your feelings, I do not really understand that phrase. When I read that it tells me to overlook your feelings in order to make people feel better about something or to cater to others feelings. That may be true in some cases, but I definitely disagree with doing that all of time. At the end of the day, you cannot make everyone happy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm feeling the quote and see what it's saying but I'm still feeling your thoughts on it. I actually had a convo this weekend that makes the quote very relevant to me.