Thursday, October 2, 2008

T.I.--- What Up, What's Happenin'



I have not been a big fan of rap music lately. This is simply because no one has been saying anything worth listening to and sometimes that just hurts my brain. Then I heard this song and saw the video, and my interest was sparked. I am not a big fan of T.I. I like him as an individual and what he stands for as a man and as an artist, but I am not a fan of his rap style. Anyways, this song, even though it is not the greatest artistic work of art, it is saying something and serves as kind of an anthem. I listen to it and it serves as an anthem for me. When I hear it, it speaks to me to just say true to yourself and to keep going no matter who tries to hold you down or put you down. That is a message that I think is important to learn one of the hardest lessons in life to grasp. I said all of that to say that T.I. is doing his thing and that rappers can create music that has a message and a meaning. For the majority of the rappers out there, they should take notes and strive for that type of work.

No comments: