Thursday, October 16, 2008

Richmond Folk Festival


Last weekend, I went to the Richmond Folk Festival and had quite an experience. It was my first time going to the Festival and I definitely enjoyed it. I did not know what to expect or what it would be like, but when I got there I was more than impressed. A wide array of people were there, which is something I did not expect. I saw a good amount of performances, but my favorite was the Irish music by this group Laiden. They must have been pretty popular cause the stage area was packed when they were on stage. People were dancing and they had the Irish dancing, which was cool. It reminded me of an dancing lesson, I took when I went to Ireland awhile back, I definitely was not good at it. The Folk Festival is something I would definitely go to again, though I did not stay as long as I would have liked, it opened my eyes to some new experiences and views of the world.

Richmond Folk Festival

No comments: