Thursday, October 2, 2008

Quote of the Day---"Trust"

"Never trust a man who speaks well of everybody."
--John Churton Collins--

"Distrust all those who love you extremely upon a very light acquaintance and without any visible reason."
--Alexander Pope--

"Trust only movement. Life happens at the level of events, not of words. Trust movement."
--Alfred Adler--

Trust is a topic that has been on my mind recently. I have found that I do not trust very many people. Maybe it's because of the experiences I have had in my life that causes me to not trust most people around me. I do not think that I am someone walking around in a box, shielding myself from the world. Its just that I don't expect everyone to be trustworthy because the truth of that matter is that most people aren't. The way I see it is if you don't expect someone to be held in the highest regard you will won't be disappointed. However, with that said, it may seem that I would never give someone the opportunity to be trusted. Trust is earned and with my current outlook on the issue of trust, it puts more pressure on the person who wants to earn that trust to earn it, making that trust more valued once obtained. I may have a pessimistic view or a backwards take on this situation, but it is what I feel right now when it comes to trust and maybe one day that will change.

No comments: