Friday, June 6, 2008

I LOVE NIKE ADS!!!

I love Nike advertising. In addition to their ads being entertaining, they are also extremely effective in branding and marketing. I was looking through my Nike ads library and came across these two commercials from 1996. These commercials feature Penny Hardaway and Michael Jordan, and I remember loving these commercials when I was younger. In fact, I owned both pair of shoes the commercials feature. If you notice the Penny commercial is kind of a spoof of the Jordan commercial. What is so amazing to me is that these commercials effectively translate the same emotion and style using the same concept, yet are able to brand these two athlete differently according to their individual personalities and styles. This commercial idea was also smart because at the time Penny was a candidate for the "Next Jordan" position. Smart and exciting stuff. Enjoy!!!



No comments: