Sunday, June 8, 2008

Quote of the Day --- "Aspiration"

"Only those who look with the eyes of children can lose themselves in the object of their wonder."
--Eberhard Arnold--

This quote is inspired by an moment that took place during my weekend. I was at Busch Gardens Williamsburg and was talking to this restless little kid. He was complaining about the hot weather and I asked him if he was ready to go, did he want to eat and his reply to everything was "I don't know." I am not the most patient with little kids so I replied what do you know or at least tell me something you want to know. At this moment, we were walking past a roller coaster and he said I want to know how to build one of those.

Most people would just brush that off as little kid talk. But this was a kid who was upset he was too short to ride any of the big rides all day and the rides he got on he had nothing but fun on and was filled with laughter. I told him that is definitely something he could learn to do and should take do anything possible to learn about these rides. With that said, coming from someone who is not the fondest of children, children are some of the brightest thinkers and imaginers there are. It reminded me that I should never lose my desire to learn or my aspiration to know those things I wonder about.

No comments: