Monday, June 9, 2008

N.E.R.D. Seeing Sounds

I got the new N.E.R.D. album, Seeing Sounds, this weekend and I just got to listen to it. Let me first say that this is probably the best album they have put out, but I was kind of disappointed by the album. Actually disappointed is not the correct word, but a little let down. I was expecting an album that was more consistent with its style.

This album had some great buzz from N.E.R.D's presence on the Glow and the Dark Tour and the great singles and leaked songs really lent to the album concept of seeing sounds. Everybody Knows and Spazz are great singles and the instrumentals on these songs make you feel out of this world as if you were seeing sounds. Past these singles and one or two other songs the album did not really feel like I was seeing sounds. However, this was a strong album and stayed consistent with the N.E.R.D. style and sound, I just did not feel like it really followed the seeing sounds concept. My personal favorite song is Love Bomb, which takes you to another world with its sound as well as a positive message. However, I am still a big N.E.R.D. fan. Thumbs up on the new album. SEEING SOUNDS officially is released tomorrow, June 10th. GO GET IT! I will definitely be buying a copy and will keep it in the CD rotation for a couple of weeks. SPPPPAAAAZZZZZ!!!!!

No comments: