Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Obama Lincoln


Obama Lincoln Exhibit in Boston done by artist Ron English.

This is a color depiction of the faces of Barack Obama and Abraham Lincoln merged together. I wonder what Ron English was thinking and the message he is trying to communicate when he developed this concept for this exhibit. This is the first time I have seen Obama likened to Abraham Lincoln, who was a legendary president, who did a lot for blacks as well as the American people. What does this exhibit make you think? Many people see Obama as a savior for America. Personally, I do not think that is fair. It will take a lot more than one man to change America, but I do think Obama will be one to lead us in the right direction. I just think this is an interesting concept and leads to a lot of thoughts and interpretations. Let me know what you think about interesting idea.

No comments: