Friday, July 11, 2008

Quote of the Day --- Principles

"There is no arguing with one who denies first principles."
--Latin Proverb--

"A people that values its privilege over its principles soon loses both."
--Dwight D. Eisenhower--

The past couple of days, I have really learned a valuable lesson. That is lesson is the fact that principles are what makes us who we are and as a person I care very much about them. I have also come to realize that you cannot see a person's true character until they have been put into an uncomfortable situation or have been forced to deal with something you do not like. I have always felt it was safe to say you can never really trust a person or learn their true character and principle belief until you have gone through something with them. I have also learned that I myself must take my principles more seriously and try to live to a higher standard. Sometimes in situations you have to shallow your pride and take a lose, but in that lose you find victory in a sense, knowing that you were able to uphold your character and principles. At the end of the day, no matter who we are involved with, who are friends are, how much you like or dislike a person, we must be responsible and answer for ourselves. You cannot make anyone live a certain way or do a certain thing, you just have to be mature enough to be responsible for you actions, even that is taking a lost of some sort. I strive to live everyday knowing that I tried to do the right thing and live to a higher standard, sometimes I fail, but I can truly always say I tried to do the right thing. No matter how hurt we are or how mad we are about something, we have to suck it up and deal with it, and be responsible for ourselves because when it is all said and done, the only person you are really hurting is yourself when you fail to live by principle and display true character.

No comments: