Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Quote of the Day --- "Imagination"

"There is a boundary to men's passions when they act from feelings; but none when they are under the influence of imagination."
--Edmund Burke--

This is a very interesting quote for me, for the simple fact that it can be looked at several ways. For some people, their feelings and emotions are their main inspiration for what they do. On the other hand, for some people their imagination is their inspiration and guide to creation. At the same time, I believe that it is a mixture of both that really makes us defy all boundaries and limits. It is unhealthy, in my opinion, to be too emotional or to imaginative. Both take us from reality. No matter how much emotion or imagination guides and inspires us, we must stay rooted in reality. For me, the key to living beyond boundaries, is staying rooted in reality and allowing my feeling, not emotion, to fuel my imagination. The two go hand and hand, and are basic necessities for success in the uncreative and unimaginative world today.

No comments: